All trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I set up Philips Hue lights?First, plug in the Philips Hue Bridge to your router using the included ethernet cable. Then, install the Philips Hue bulbs in your light fixtures and turn them on. Download the Philips Hue app and follow the instructions to connect the Bridge and bulbs.
- Can Philips Hue lights work with Amazon Alexa?Yes, Philips Hue lights can be controlled using Amazon Alexa. You can use voice commands to turn the lights on or off, dim them, change their color, or even set scenes. Just make sure you have the Philips Hue skill enabled in your Alexa app.
- What is the range of the Philips Hue Bridge?The Philips Hue Bridge uses Zigbee technology, which has a range of up to 30 meters or 100 feet. However, this range can be extended by placing Hue bulbs between the Bridge and a bulb that's out of range, creating a sort of relay system.
- Can Philips Hue bulbs be used outside?While most Philips Hue bulbs are designed for indoor use, the company also offers a range of outdoor lighting products. These are specifically designed to withstand outdoor conditions and they work seamlessly with the rest of your Hue system.
- Do Philips Hue bulbs use a lot of electricity?Philips Hue bulbs are LED, meaning they are more energy efficient than traditional incandescent bulbs. They use between 6.5 and 9.5 watts of power, depending on the model and brightness level, which is significantly less than the 60 watts used by a typical incandescent bulb.
- Can I use Philips Hue lights without the Bridge?While the Philips Hue Bridge offers the most features and control options, you can use Philips Hue Bluetooth bulbs without a Bridge. You can control up to 10 Bluetooth bulbs directly from the Hue app on your smartphone.
- Do Philips Hue lights need a special fixture?No, Philips Hue bulbs fit into standard light fixtures. They are available in a standard A19 size, as well as BR30, PAR16, and GU10 sizes, among others. Just make sure you choose the right size for your fixture.
- Can I set schedules for my Philips Hue lights?Yes, you can set schedules for your lights using the Philips Hue app. This includes turning lights on or off at specific times, as well as changing their color or brightness level.
- How long do Philips Hue bulbs last?Philips Hue bulbs are designed to last up to 15,000 to 25,000 hours, depending on the model. This is significantly longer than traditional light bulbs.
- Can Philips Hue lights change color?Yes, certain models of Philips Hue bulbs can change color. These include the Color Ambiance range, which can display 16 million different colors.