Now the technology market can offer you numerous devices to make your home-life as comfortable as possible. But what if there are too many devices, or they have lost their relevance? Getting rid of the unnecessary smart home gadget from the Google Home app doesn't require a lot of complicated steps. In this simple guide, we'll show you how to do it.
What Is Google Home App?
These days, there's a smart version of pretty much every home device you can think of. Via the app, you can check or change the settings at your house from anywhere. Google Home is a great choice if you need a control center for your smart home.
The app, created by Google, centralizes and simplifies the setup and management of smart home devices. The Google Home app is available for Android and iOS devices. You are also able to manipulate Google Nest and Chromecast devices using this app.
Google has provided this app with a huge variety of different functions for all occasions. For example, using the app, you can manage and set up not only Google Home and other devices but also smart home products like audio systems, sensors, and much more. Here's what you need to know to remove devices that do not serve you anymore.
How to Remove Devices From the App on Android and iOS?
Of course, Google Home is best for devices that support the Android OS. But there’s no need to worry if you are not an Android user because the process for iOS users is identical to this instruction. You only need a couple of minutes to untie the device:
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Find the device you want to remove, for example, Amazon's Alexa virtual assistant. Touch the icon to open its options and remove it from the special section.
- While your device is open, tap on the settings icon in the top right corner of the screen. It will open a new menu.
- Choose the Remove Device option and wait for the dialog box to appear.
- Then tap on Remove inside the dialog box. After that gadget will be deleted from Google Home.
- Don't forget to double-check your homepage to make sure that the device is no longer there.
Just a couple of steps, and there is no more cluttered space. If your gadget has not disappeared from the app, then you should restart it and try again.
How to Remove Devices From the App on PC?
You can also use Google Home on your PC if there are no mobile devices at hand. For Windows, you'll need to use an Android emulator for PC. The capabilities of this version will be limited, so for the full version, it is worth using a smartphone.
We hope you found these tips helpful, and your smart home app won’t get cluttered. You can share your thoughts in the comment section below. Also, don't forget to share this article with your friends and family!